Calligram

 






For my Calligram Project I created a composition of cherries because my last name is Cherry. I wanted this piece to reflect on who I am and how I view myself. I have always loved my last name so I wanted to incorporate that aspect of myself into this piece. I used the pen tool to first outline the shapes of the cherries and then I used the text in an area tool to fill the shape with the text from my letter to myself.

Letter to Myself:

Dear Jackson,

 

How is 2040? As I’m writing this it’s October 6, 2020, and the world is kinda falling apart. Personally, though you’re doing really good. You just started college and you are absolutely loving it. I wonder where we are living. (it better be somewhere good) also what is your job? (it better not be boring, and if it is, quit and do what you really want to!) Hope you are enjoying being 38 lol, is it weird being old? Who are you still friends with? Take a minute to remember everybody from high school. A pretty big part of everyone’s lives right now is coronavirus. Hopefully it’s a thing of the past by now. Oh also, we’re about to vote for the first time! Hopefully Trump only served one term. Does Saratoga look different? What are all your friends doing? Do you live near each other or far away? Also, who has kids? Do you have kids?! How would you describe your future self? What’s your style like? Is your hair different, or is it still the same thing we’ve been doing up to this point? Do you feel successful? Fulfilled? What does a typical day look like for us now? (hopefully I’m able to wake up earlier by now). How would your friends describe you? What do you think is the biggest thing that is different about yourself from right now? Did I choose the right major? Do I still use Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter and TikTok? Or is there new social media? Does Christmas feel different now that you are older? What is your biggest goal right now? And most importantly, are you happy?

Comments

  1. Your calligram is very neat and your words fit very well into the shape of the cherry. I like how you made the cherries and leaf slightly different colors of red and green because it brings depth and variety to your image. The stem of the cherries is a nice shape but you could try to fill it with words instead of a solid color. Overall nice job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I definitely agree, that could look great!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts